FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD studio pro stop one second in playback of scene selection

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudio Thalia
DVD studio pro stop one second in playback of scene selection
on Feb 14, 2006 at 6:01:06 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm getting mad with this. I've created 9 scene selections on one menu linked to 9 correspondent chapters on one video track. When simulate and pushing any of the nine selection buttons the program goes playing in the right point but stops for one second (or less maybe) on the first frame and then start playing the movie correctly. This happens also when skipping from one chapter to the other. Is this normal (a bug of the program) or there's something I have to set to avoid it?
thanks
Claudio

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
Re: DVD studio pro stop one second in playback of scene selection
on Feb 14, 2006 at 8:07:17 pm

How do you encode your files? Do you use open or closed GOP's. Although theoretically open gop's can give a better or more efficient encode, they can result in playback pausing while the set top player or computer prepares to playback a file in the middle of the file. IMO the visual differences between open and closed gops is neglibible, but performance is superior with closed gops for jumping around, reversing, ff, etc.

Jim

Return to posts index

Claudio Thalia
on Feb 15, 2006 at 10:25:56 am

Jim,
we use closed GOPs, but tell me something, have you ever heard of this problem or it's just happens to me? This thing is happening on the DVD player too, that means that the software write this problem on the disc, I'm confused... if you can help me more I'd really appreciate.
Grazie
Claudio

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 15, 2006 at 5:46:26 pm

I think the problem is that your looking at your disc in the simulator. Apples simulator reacts much differently than an actual disc.

I know the problem your refering to but it will go away when you burn a disc.

Return to posts index

Claudio Thalia
on Feb 18, 2006 at 1:48:21 am

Eric,
it does it also on the three Players I have in my studio.... it does, that's why I'm getting mad...

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 18, 2006 at 5:39:32 pm

Do you have any commands on those chapter points?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]