FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scenarist DVD Authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edit 108
Scenarist DVD Authoring
on Feb 9, 2006 at 2:18:51 pm

Has anyone had experience using Scenarist, the button functionality seems extremely limited. Any creative ideas?

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: Scenarist DVD Authoring
on Feb 9, 2006 at 5:54:51 pm

To be honest, there is absolutely nothing that is "limiting" about Scenarist.

It IS the gold standard for DVD authoring.

I do know that the documentation is not very good though.

You should contact Sonic Support if you need assistance.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Feb 10, 2006 at 4:22:31 am

What is it you want to do?

Return to posts index

Edit 108
on Feb 10, 2006 at 2:29:51 pm

I'm trying to make the buttons (on selection) change color & get larger in size. Any ideas? This is my first project working with Scenarist & i have no idea just how creative you can get with buttons.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Feb 11, 2006 at 8:39:11 pm

I am not sure I understand what you mean my "get larger in size." Please elaborate.

I suspect what you are looking for might require multiple background images. It can done, but
could get tedious depending on the quantity of buttons. A better understanding of what you want to achieve will make it easier to help.

Dave

Return to posts index

Edit 108
on Feb 13, 2006 at 10:15:33 pm

I have a main menu with 6 word options on to navigate to specific programs.
I would like to add an effect when you select the word that makes the word appear like its bigger because you selected it (like on the internet). I'm not sure if this is overambitious or if it can be done.
Does this make sense?
I'm confused because the menu is a moving menu with audio so if i point to another menu it will not sync. Can i have multiple subpictures so i can go to another subpicture on selection.
I'm probably looking at this completely the wrong way!

Return to posts index

Edit 108
on Feb 10, 2006 at 2:42:42 pm

I'm trying to make the buttons change color & get bigger on selection (& change color again for action).
Any ideas? This is my first project working with Scenarist & i'm unsure of the subpicture capabilities.

Return to posts index

Edit 108
on Feb 10, 2006 at 2:36:01 pm

I'm trying to make the buttons (on selection) change color & get larger. Any ideas? This is my first project using Scenarist & i'm not sure just how creative you can be with subpicture layers.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 13, 2006 at 4:53:17 pm

Just like most authoring apps you can use different colors or greyscales to effect your active, selection or normal states. The work you need to do is in photoshop or illstrator.

BTW...Sonic doesn't have the best support in the world but Im sure someone can help you out there since youve spent tens of thousands of dollars for this authoring platform...right?

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Feb 13, 2006 at 11:24:54 pm

As others have suggested, what you are trying to do is not a limitation of Scenarist, but of the DVD specification. If you want the buttons to change when selected, then you will have to create a new menu background to jump to at that point. That would result in a visible jump and change in audio as well. Again, this is not a limitation of Scenarist - it has access to the full capability of DVD - it is that DVDs were never designed to be able to do that.

Hope this helps.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

Katalex
on Mar 22, 2006 at 9:10:04 pm

As Rob says, it`s a limitation in the DVD specs, not in Scenarist. We use scenarist since 14 months on a daily basis. Our recommendation: put your creativity in the menu layout and in creating cool motion menus and transitions, but NOT in motion of button overlays, etc. this will also help you improve the overall compatibility of your final disc. Look at some Hollywood-made DVD`s. The simplicity of the overlays, and selection/active state is sometimes overdone, but I guess they also know why.
grz
Jan

Katalex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]