FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing a DVD+R

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dick Ziegler
Playing a DVD+R
on Jan 25, 2006 at 4:23:43 am

I burn a DVD on my Sony burner from material prepared with Adobe Premiere 1.5 and Matrox RTX 100 (I export my timeline to a separate harddrive for burning) and I use the DVD authoring program, DVDit. I use a Memorex DVD+R as the medium. I can play the disk on my TV using a Sony DVD player but the disk I send to a friend "does not play". Can someone help with this one?

Return to posts index

hisods
Re: Playing a DVD+R
on Jan 25, 2006 at 7:28:14 pm

FWIW, I had the opposite problem with Encore and DVD-R. It would NOT play in the client's sony set top unit. I have since been burning with a high end "printable" Verbatim and not experienced +/- R problems. For the life of me, I have no idea why.

I have started "popping" a copy into various players at Best Buy just to be certain. I thiMk the problem is in the encoded being (re)coded into the second software. I also use Matrox X100 and send it out with the video in MPEG-2 and audio unencoded. (just as a straight audio file)

This probably didn't help much but.......

warmest regards,

Steve

Return to posts index

shvr
Re: Playing a DVD+R
by
on Jan 25, 2006 at 11:35:51 pm

Older set top players will have problems with burned DVDs. In my experience, players that are older than 4 or 5 years generally are a crapshoot - maybe only 70% (wild guess) will play a burned DVD. Newer players - different story. I burn mostly DVD+Rs, and I can honestly say that I get about a 95% or better compatibility. THe trick is to keep your bitrate in check and burn on high quality media - Ritek, HP and TDK etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]