FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDA menu change with only vob files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Unzarjones
DVDA menu change with only vob files
on Jan 15, 2006 at 4:04:59 am

Greets, I recently completed a project, rendered it and burned a disk. Everything worked well, but now after viewing the finished goods I would like to change the background graphic for the menus and maybe add looping music. However, in my eagerness to free up space on my HD I deleted the original files from Vegas. The folder that DVDA used to render to is fine since I wanted to keep it to burn more copies. Question: Can I do the menu changes using the vob, etc files rendered by DVDA or would I need the originals? I don't mind re-rendering, but I would rather not risk it if it might cause problems down the road. Thanks, UJ

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVDA menu change with only vob files
on Jan 15, 2006 at 8:55:09 am

Not really. Only way to make changes now is via ripping, demuxing, reauthoring and reburning- or going back to the original source media used with the DVD project. Major quality hit and time waster. Consider it a lesson for the future: hard drive space is dirt cheap compared to your time...

Noah

Return to posts index

kenh
by
on Jan 16, 2006 at 3:25:45 am

Aloha Noah,

I think that you can demux the vob and strip out the original mpeg strings and just author them back together with new menus and absolutely no loss of resolution. I did this for one of our DVDs after a computer crash and was able to reconstruct the project relatively easily, as long as you don't modify the original mpeg program streams. I was actually quite shocked at how fast I googled up a demuxing program and had deconstructed and reconstructed our disc. Quite enlightening.

Aloha,

Ken

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jan 18, 2006 at 11:25:00 am

Depending on how complicated your menus are, you could author a "dummy" dvd project that has the replacement menus the way you want. It should have the same number of buttons, and in the same order as the originals...

Then you can use a free tool like PGCedit to replace the old menu with the new one (save the commands of the old menu, and after importing the new menu, replace the pgc commands with the original commands.

If you need to change the number of menu buttons, you will need to know more about how to control the buttons -- for this you could still probably use PGCedit, but I would use DVD RemakePro...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]