FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Studio DVD Sonic Question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lil_Lisa
Avid Studio DVD Sonic Question
on Jan 11, 2006 at 11:40:10 am

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with a frustrating problem that i have.

I used to use ReelDVD, which was fantastic in that you had so much control over individual elements..

Now i have Avid Studio DVD Sonic, which i find too simple, and with little flexibility. Im trying to do something as simple as have two versions of an edit on one dvd. My first thought was to make two seperate movie clips, but have been unable to link the second clip. So then i encoded the two together with 2 chapter marks. But i want each clip to go back to the main menu after playing as opposed to going to the next chapter. Ive looked in the manual, but no luck.

Does anyone have any documentation on something like this? I wish i still had Reel DVD!

Thanking you for your help in advance

Lisa

Don't think you are. Know you are.

Return to posts index

digitalideations
Re: Avid Studio DVD Sonic Question
on Jan 12, 2006 at 10:09:03 pm

Avid DVD is far more powerful than ReelDVD. it is a multi-vts product which will allow you to have 8 audio tracks and 32 subtitle tracks under any piece of content in your project and set streams on any menu to jump directly into any of those audio or subtitle tracks. Also has playlists, copy protection, delayed subpictures, 4 preset subpicture overlay settings, slide shows with up to 999 images per show and a very powerful built in menu compositor.

So, for your issue. First, I can't understand why you can't link to the second clip. Generally, all you need to do is import both clips into the media palette. Drag both clips to the movies section of the project tree and then drag both clips from the project tree onto a menu (either onto a text button, onto a button object or just onto the menu which will create a thumbnail). End action for both of those links should automatically be set to return to the menu the links came from. If not, you can highlight a button, and either right click on it and set the end action to return to the menu or do the same in the Button Attributes window.

Second way to do what you are trying. With the big clip you created. Import into Avid DVD. Drag the clip to the movies section twice. Highlight the first movie in the project tree. click the title/movie tab in the menu editor area. Trim the end of the movie until all that is there is your first cut. Highlight the second movie in the project tree. Trim the front of the movie until only your second cut is there. Drag both movies to a menu to create buttons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]