FORUMS: list search recent posts

ideal settings for compatibilty

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieper1
ideal settings for compatibilty
on Jan 8, 2006 at 8:03:11 am

im still kinda having problems with my dvds skipping and stopping...im beginning to wonder if it was the brand of dvd's i used. but anyways...from start to finish what would be the most ideal settings for dvd compatibility for all dvd players. i mean from the brand of dvd's, brand of dvd burner and settings inside DVDA3 itself...the whole bit.

Thanks, Tim

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: ideal settings for compatibilty
on Jan 8, 2006 at 5:30:53 pm

Video rate- 8mbps or lower, audio 192Kbps Ac3 Stereo. I have good luck with HP, Sony and TDK media.

Noah

Return to posts index

Pieper1
on Jan 9, 2006 at 7:39:54 pm

i have an hp dvd+r/rw burner thats about 4 years old and i have been using memorex dvd+r's

could my problem be that my dvd burner is crappin out? or should i get a different brand of dvd's?

...sorry if im gettin a little annoying but im getting frustrated

Return to posts index

shvr
by
on Jan 9, 2006 at 10:23:41 pm

Well, if you are using the HP 200 (E/I) make sure you have the latest firmware updates. My first DVD burner was the 200E and it had horrible compatibility out of the box until I upgraded the firmware.

Return to posts index

Pieper1
on Jan 10, 2006 at 12:34:27 am

i have the hp writer dvd300i...is that a good one?

Return to posts index

shvr
by
on Jan 10, 2006 at 3:19:37 am

Yeah - good one. Just make sure you have the latest firmware version. In your case, aside from careful authoring, media is the likely culprit when it comes to imcompatibility. I would burn on HP or TDK media to ensure highest compatibility. You can buy TDK printable discs bulk spindles at costco for about .45 each. You can find them even cheaper on the internet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]