FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect - Bit Rate

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieper1
DVD Architect - Bit Rate
on Jan 6, 2006 at 5:32:38 pm

i use sony dvd architect 3. i have a video that is about 50 minutes long and i wanted to get all the quality i could out of it so changed the data bit rate from 8.000 to 9.000 (or whatever the highest is) does doing this affect compatibility? because ive had some complaints that halfway through the movie the video starts pausing and jumping and then eventually stops altogether.

this also happened on a different project when i had a video about 1hr 40m long and i had to lower the bit rate to fit it to the disc. and again i received complaints that halfway through the movie the video pauses, jumps and stops altogether.

i was also wondering if it was possible that it could be my burner because i dont get any errors when i burn the dvd but still the video goes bad.

i was also wondering if there was any program that can scan a burned dvd for defects and problems like the one that i am having right now.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Architect - Bit Rate
on Jan 6, 2006 at 5:35:15 pm

Yes- stay below 8 or discs will skip.

Noah

Return to posts index

Pieper1
on Jan 6, 2006 at 8:24:45 pm

thank you for the quick response. it worked.

my only question is why does it take till the middle of the dvd to start screwin up?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 6, 2006 at 11:05:49 pm

Because the load on the RAM buffer of the DVD player loads progressively and data rates are not perfectly contant- they vary. It's like a glass of water with a small hole at the bottom. As long as you don't fill it too fast it will keep draining and not overflow. But if you've been filling it for a while and you suddenly pour faster for a moment it will spill.

Noah

Return to posts index

Pieper1
on Jan 7, 2006 at 12:56:21 am

thank you for your quick and helpful responses

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 7, 2006 at 2:15:55 am

No problem- glad to help.

Noah