FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Hardware Encoder? + Buying Second HW Encoders in the UK

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MoooBahh
What Hardware Encoder? + Buying Second HW Encoders in the UK
on Jan 4, 2006 at 6:07:41 pm

I am looking to buy a hardware encoder, having researched software encoding I have decided against that route.

I'm not looking for a prosumer option, it must be SDI, Multi-pass and have segment re-encoding. Am not to fussy about the platform PC or Mac, although would rather a mac option as I am authoring on DVDSP and have a spare mac for encoding.

Sorry to ask this question to you lot again, just that I have spent the last five hours reading through the posts on this site and have not really found a comparison between the hardware encoders. What do you guys use/recommend? I have a vague recollection of a conversation with someone, they said they were using encoding cards made by a company that used to be independent of sonic before they were taken over by them. This is when sonic was more mac friendly, he told me.... Any ideas what company he might have been talking about?

I would like to buy second had if possible. Any ideas where I could look for one in the UK. I'm not ruling out buying new as the company I'm working for is potentially expanding this area. But I need to have a clearer idea before I bring anything to the table.

Just to add, there will be a lot of long form work, Quality is very important and would like it to be able to handle complex encoding tasks like music videos

Thank you for your time

Return to posts index

MoooBahh
SORRY TYPO should be "Buying Second HAND HW Encoders in the UK"
on Jan 5, 2006 at 9:32:11 am

SORRY TYPO should be "Buying Second HAND HW Encoders in the UK"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]