FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD labels

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pjoconnell
DVD labels
on Dec 23, 2005 at 6:52:52 pm

I have about two dozen copies of a training video I have to burn for a customer. I've heard that adhesive labels cause problems on DVDs. Is there any truth to that story? What's the recommended method for DVD labeling?
I've seen information on the Light Scribe system. Is that a useful/efficient method.
These are not likely to be archive material, but they should last several years.

THNX/PJO

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: DVD labels
on Dec 23, 2005 at 8:40:15 pm

Labels are bad. Get an Epson R200 inkjet printer available for between $49 and $78. They are wonderful, and can't be beat for price and performance.

Return to posts index

pjoconnell
on Dec 26, 2005 at 11:24:22 pm

I'll investigate. How does it work; do you just print on the back of the disc? Any detail "how-to" postings that can be downloaded?

Thnx/pjo

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 26, 2005 at 11:37:38 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention. You buy white inkjet printable DVDs. There is a program that comes with the printer that makes the whole thing really easy.

Return to posts index

Ron Shook
on Dec 28, 2005 at 6:43:31 am

DRW,

[David Roth Weiss] "You buy white inkjet printable DVDs."

Don't know if you'd tried it or not, but you can also get silver inkjet printable DVDs, that are really elegant for simpler print jobs that aren't full coverage with pics, but mostly black text and perhaps a colored logo element or two. The text and other elements look almost like they are slightly 3D on the silver background. Much more elegant than on a white background. This type of printing also is much easier on the ink and generally faster.

Ron Shook

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 28, 2005 at 6:51:36 am

Hey Ron,

Sounds pretty cool. My only problem with that is that I'm stuck on Ritec DVDs. I only use them and they don't make silver inkjet printable unfortunately. Who makes the ones you use???

DRW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]