FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro 4 clipping Photoshop Menu Layers

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
byuprod
DVD Studio Pro 4 clipping Photoshop Menu Layers
on Dec 20, 2005 at 7:33:29 pm

Hello, I'm putting together a DVD with DVD Studio Pro 4, using layered menus from Photshop. For some reason the text in the photoshop file is clipped at the bottom. I've tried changing the fonts, raterizing them, re-sizing them, nothing seems to get rid of the clipping. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is occuring and/or how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4 clipping Photoshop Menu Layers
on Dec 21, 2005 at 12:21:46 am

Not sure- what do you mean by clipping? Cropping?

Noah

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4 clipping Photoshop Menu Layers
on Dec 21, 2005 at 5:04:08 am

Sounds like the bottom of an "o" is sort of flat, like the bottom couple pixels that make it round down there are gone.

What size is your Photoshop file? Is the text rasterized?

Here's my workflow/; Make the PSD file 720 x 534. Build all your layers. Do not rasterize type. When everything is done do a "Save As" and name it 480 final or some other name. Change the image size to 720 x 480 not constrainign proportions. This squeezes the type to the correct size but keeps it vector (clean).

Now you can collapse your layers or rasterize your type and it should remain clean.

If you're PAL file sizes are different, but you get the idea. In the end you will end up with an unsquished file that you can edit your type and resave and resquish if needed for revisions, and the squeezed one is a copy with the type that was squeezed in vector format and rasterized for use in the final menu.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]