FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD AUTHORING - PLEASE HELP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Solomon
DVD AUTHORING - PLEASE HELP
on Dec 19, 2005 at 5:22:39 am

Hi All-
What is the correct way to author a dvd from an AVI file. I edit my projects in Newtek Toaster VT4. I and then render the project to .AVI (My edit software cannot render to mpeg2) I recently installed Tsunami Mpeg encoder to my system However the render process take approximately 10 Hours. (This is way too long for me) after the encoding process is complete, I then need to author the dvd in Ulead DVD workshop. This is way too lond and stressful. Can anyone here please tell me the most efficient way to author a DVD. MOst of my projects are appriximately 2 hours long so I need to use the Standard quality mode of dvd authoring.

Return to posts index

Robert E Wilson
Re: DVD AUTHORING - PLEASE HELP
on Dec 19, 2005 at 5:02:34 pm

If you are already using the Tsunami encoder, you have one of the best encoders around. You don't mention what settings you are using so I suggest you look into some experimenting with some attributes such as "Motion Search Precision" where sometimes the standard setting does a good enough job. CBR will encode faster than VBR. If you are expecting miracles, it's not going to happen. Long encoding times are pretty much a fact of life in the DVD authoring world. You may need to adjust your expectations.

If 6-10 hrs of encoding a 2 hr DVD is just not going to work for you. You may consider getting a standalone DVD recorder and output your VT[4] directly to it. I know several VT users who do this. Some even have found ways to strip the VOB files and re-author them in DVD-Lab Pro or Ulead to get better menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]