FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to author a DVD video with data and being "DVD compliant"

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
autofab
how to author a DVD video with data and being "DVD compliant"
on Dec 17, 2005 at 11:18:44 pm

hello!
my goal is to build a DVD that can be playable either on standalone players and on PC's.
I used Nero Vision to compile a few slideshows; it gave me the chance to output in the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.

I add to this folders an autorun like this:
[autorun]
open=run.exe CLICK_ME.html

this run.exe is a program I copied from a commercial DVD video acting exactly as I would like: Click_Me.html (written in capital letter in the autorun) is my index page.

then I added some folders with images and html files, and burned the compilation with Nero Burning Rom.
first time I burned it as standard DVD video, but my standalone player didn't recognize it and didn't load it.
second time I tried as DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO), selecting "force dvd compatibility" and my player did open it, although the menu doesn't work properly, playback is incomplete and it freezes when coming back to main menu...
having said that the DVD and the autorun work ok on PC's.. what should I do to make it play the video section properly on standalone players?

thanks!
fabio

Return to posts index

autofab
Re: how to author a DVD video with data and being "DVD compliant"
on Dec 18, 2005 at 9:38:10 am

additional information... since I compiled the VIDEO_TS folder through NERO VISION EXPRESS, I'd like to find a suitable solution that wouldn't involve the need to restart from zero with another software (I read about using EncoreDVD, which allows to insert additional files in the dvd video project, but it seems like it won't allow me to simply "import" .vob, .bup, etc.)
thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]