FORUMS: list search recent posts

duplicate my own DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
duplicate my own DVD
on Dec 14, 2005 at 3:28:42 pm

Using DVD Decrypter, I'd like to duplicate a DVD I burned last year (and for which I can't locate my original .img file). I've gotten the VIDEO_TS folder and various .bup, .ifo, .and .vob files onto my hard drive, but I can't seem to find the right settings for burning a new DVD from them. Help please??

-- BC

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: duplicate my own DVD
on Dec 14, 2005 at 4:46:58 pm

Bob,

AFAIK, you will have to make a disc image file for DVDD use for writing to DVD.

DVDD can extract an iso image from your original disc. Use the ISO Read mode to extract the image and the ISO Write mode to select an image to burn to disc.

Since you already have the folder set (via DVDD File mode I assume) you could probably use Nero (or other burning application if you've got one) to create a DVD image (iso) file.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
a nice error message
on Dec 14, 2005 at 5:01:53 pm

Thanks Dave. I went back to the original and had DVDD write an .iso file instead of the various other files. (I had done it the other way because of reading a web tutorial.)

When I selected the .iso file for writing the new DVD, DVDD gave me the following, amusing error message:

"You should have selected the MDS file and not this one. I'll do it for you automatically this time, but don't do it again!"

Wouldn't it be nice if other software programs emulated that approach, instead of saying, "Error in marspegian dilexoid sector 0x00009x00w00... and if you have no idea what this means, too bad."

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: a nice error message
on Dec 14, 2005 at 5:48:11 pm

What system are you on? If this a DVD-R all you need do is drag from the DVD onto your desktop and burn onto another DVD-R with Toast or the like on a PC. DVD ripping programs are only needed for copy-protected i.e. replicated DVDs.

Noah

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 16, 2005 at 11:52:07 am

Bob and Dave,

I'm with Noah on this. Is there something he and I are missing?

DRW

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:00:45 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Is there something he and I are missing?"

Well...
1. I'm not entirely sure which Windows OS Bob is using. I think it is XP. But assuming is dangerous.
2. He asked how to do it with DVD Decrypter
3. On XP, drag to disc recording is usually slower than using a burner application.
4. I don't know what other burner application (Toast on OSX = Roxio, Nero or multiple others on XP)Bob is using.
5. Burning a DVD titleset disc from an iso image is always faster (and sometimes more reliable) than burning from a folder set - particularly if you are making multiple copies.

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Dec 14, 2005 at 8:49:24 pm

[Bob Cole] "...instead of saying, "Error in marspegian dilexoid sector 0x00009x00w00..."

Who's going to clean up the Diet Coke I spit on my monitors when I read this?
LOL

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
thanks
on Dec 19, 2005 at 3:45:31 am

Thanks Dave, Noah, David...

DVD Decrypter works when you follow Dave's advice. Then, on my PC, I opened my Roxio RecordNow Deluxe, selected Data Disc, and dragged in the Video_TS folder I'd created with my first pass on DVD Decrypter. I have yet to try the other ideas.

Like Dave, I prefer the image file route now. One file is nice.

Thanks for adding to my education on this topic.

-- BC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]