FORUMS: list search recent posts

DDP Image on DVD-R

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew B.
DDP Image on DVD-R
on Dec 12, 2005 at 4:50:33 pm

Please help.

DDP Image I made with DVD Studio Pro 4 was replicated in Germany without any problem, but now we prepared NTSC version of the same movie with 5 subtitles on it for America and they can not load my DDP Image to their system...

Please, what can be a problem? Any idea is appreciated.

Some details which could help: It is Documentary, 55 min. long Project is NTSC DVD5 SD. CSS copyprotection enabled before formating as DDP Image. Then I burned "Layer0" folder to common DVD-R.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Andrew B.
Re: DDP Image on DVD-R
on Dec 12, 2005 at 5:01:34 pm

also they want me to send them same project on DLT tape, which I do not have and it is headache to find someone who could help me to export Video project to DLT tape. Also I do not have SCSI interface on my Mac for now.

question: maybe they can do it themselves just to copy DDP image, i sent then on DVD-R, to DLT tape?

Andrew

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
on Dec 12, 2005 at 5:23:27 pm

What problem do they report ? What type of error ? Did you try to send them a DVD-Video instead of DDP ? If you burned your DDP image the same way for germany, it should work. But you mentionned CSS, if I remember, you need "Authoring" DVD-R media to use it, maybe...

Pete

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Return to posts index

Andrew B.
on Dec 12, 2005 at 7:20:49 pm

they just sent me this: "Unfortunately we cant get a mastering report because we cant load the data
we can not use the master provided, it has CSS on it & when we try to load it the program deletes all info"

strange...

Andrew

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Dec 13, 2005 at 4:34:45 pm

It's quite possible that the replicator you are using is not licensed to use CSS, and they just want you to delete CSS from the project so they can do it on the cheap.

CSS keys are quite expensive for the replicator (I believe 5 figures $$$), and you need one for each encrypted PGC.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Andrew B.
on Dec 13, 2005 at 9:20:37 pm

[Bill Stephan] "It's quite possible that the replicator you are using is not licensed to use CSS, and they just want you to delete CSS from the project so they can do it on the cheap."

it is huge company "iDEA MEDIA SERVICES, LLC" and they have such license for sure. The have no experience with DDP Image on DVD-R with CSS. They explained me that they do replicate from DDP Image but without CSS, and with CSS it is first time they meet and not successful to load it at all.

They need help.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Andrew B.
Please help: DDP Image on DVD-R
on Dec 13, 2005 at 12:53:32 am

i just got another message from America:

"Using the DVD's you sent will not work b/c of the CSS. I need new source materials.
What I would prefer is a DLT. If you cannot supply this, just send me the content on a HD & I will output to DLT.
OR, you can send me the tape & I will re-author for you with CSS for $300"

As I know, to replicate DVD with CSS protection it must be enabled in DVD Studio Pro before formating project to DDP Image. So I did. Now they wrote me "it will not work because of CSS..." Is it true? How can we help them to load image. It must work because it worked many times here in Europe. The same DDP Image I did for America.

Thank you,
Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]