FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does the background video in rendered Motion Menus look as good as video rendered in Tracks?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WR Sampson
Does the background video in rendered Motion Menus look as good as video rendered in Tracks?
on Dec 2, 2005 at 7:56:11 pm

Hi,

This is my first question on the Cow. Hope it isn't an old one. I didn't find anything exactly like it in the archives. I am currently working in DVD Studio Pro.

In most DVDs I have seen, the video background in the Motion Menus is just atmosphere...clips from the movie you are watching. It doesn't really matter if it's as sharp and clear as the actual movie.

In my current project, the client wants 4 to 12 buttons on the screen at all times. So the content of the DVD is essentially a whole bunch of looping Motion Menus.

The DVD will be used to teach dance moves in a large studio with big screens. So the video background of the Motion Menu has to look as good as it can.

I am afraid that there are problems lurking. Will DVDSP render the background video in the MM as clearly as it renders the video in a Track? I plan to use advanced overlay colors on the buttons, but not Photoshop-type layering.

I could also use DVDLab Pro if it would do a better job. Plus we have the budget to get other software if we need to.

Thanks very much.

Warren Sampson
Thinking Moves
Minneapolis

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Does the background video in rendered Motion Menus look as good as video rendered in Tracks?
by
on Dec 2, 2005 at 11:14:24 pm

You could try menus over video - that way you have control over the encooding process.

Return to posts index

WR Sampson
Re: Does the background video in rendered Motion Menus look as good as video rendered in Tracks?
on Dec 3, 2005 at 3:42:06 pm

Thanks Eric,

Is this the technique of using buttons over video in the subtitle track?

Cool idea. We might end up using it. I think the buttons on Motion Menus have a bit more flexibility, but the buttons over video concept is a good one.

Warren

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]