FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu button settings DVD SP4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juliet
Menu button settings DVD SP4
on Nov 26, 2005 at 12:08:46 am

Hello there. I have a query regarding the "MENU" button in the top left hand side of the Simulator box. When I simulate my project I have my connections set so that when you hit the "Menu" button whilst playing a moving clip it will return you to the opening menu. This is good. What I'm confused about is that when I simulate my project and I am on a still menu page within the project and I hit the "MENU" button and want to return to the opening menu it takes me to whatever the last moving clip was that was playing. Where in the Connections tab or in the Menu's palette box can you set this connection? I have my Tracks set so that the Menu choice is "same as disk" as the default (opening menu). Where do you set the menu default for still menus???!!! Many thanks to anyone who can help or for ANY ideas!

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Menu button settings DVD SP4
by
on Nov 26, 2005 at 5:59:02 pm

In the first play inspector, make sure you have your menu button "not set". Then, in the menu inspector for whatever menu your in, set the menu button to whatever menu you would like it to return to.

Return to posts index

Juliet
Re: Menu button settings DVD SP4
on Nov 28, 2005 at 4:03:17 pm

Thank you very much for your response to my enquiry. I do have two further questions regarding your response though. 1) I have changed the First Play Inspector Menu button setting to "not set" as you explained. When I go to a Menu Inspector for a still menu it gives me a list of the Menu functions: Default button, Return button, highlight condition etc. I set the Return button to the "Opening Menu" which is where I want all my still menus to return to. When I simulate it's not doing anything though, just staying on the still menu, rather than returning to the Opening Menu. Is there another setting in the Menu Inspector for the still menus that I need to change? The Default button only gives me the button options within that still menu as possible routes.

2) Also when I hit the MENU button from a Track that is playing it takes me back to the Opening Menu, and if I hit the Menu button again it takes me back to track that was just playing. I want it to stay at the Opening menu once it has got there even if you hit the Menu button again! How would I set that?

I would appreciate any input. I'm so close to being done with this project and it is always these little details that need resolving. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]