FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Discs won't play

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Terrien
DVD Discs won't play
on Nov 23, 2005 at 1:24:44 am

I have been writing DVD movies for about three years. I have used two different software packages. I have bought 4 DVD writers. I have tried numerous brands of DVD media. Currently I use Sony

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: DVD Discs won't play
on Nov 23, 2005 at 5:15:28 pm

The best thing to do is consider other disc media. some brands just don't fare
well across the spectrum of players out there.

you can find out in advance if your disc will work or not by going to dvdrhelp.com
and checking the player list and the media compatibility charts.

I have used Ritek Media exclusively since mid 2002 and amazingly enough have never had any discs returned for unplayability. I go through about 250 DVD's a month and they all go to mostly new clients.

Return to posts index

Juliet
on Nov 28, 2005 at 4:11:39 pm

I have incompatibility troubles too. I have narrowed it down to the way I compressed my material. I am using Final Cut Pro and DVD SP. If this is relevant to you, I have found that when you compress using Quicktime Conversion the bit rate peaks and fluctuates and the cheaper DVD players cannot handle the high bitrates. I have since been told that if you compress using Compressor the bit rate is a lot more stable and doesn't fluctuate as much and the spectrum of machines can handle the bit rate as their defaults are set because they don't peak at levels higher than what you have set.

Return to posts index

Slapford
on Nov 29, 2005 at 10:19:04 pm

From what I've learned, when you burn as opposed to replicate, you have an 85% chance that your DVD will play in most machines. Replication is closer to 100%. Since it's unreasonable to replicate every DVD you do (due to price and timing), it seems like this is a chance we all have to take.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]