FORUMS: list search recent posts

VHS on DVD, I just need 352 lines

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristiano
VHS on DVD, I just need 352 lines
on Nov 20, 2005 at 3:28:33 pm

Hi all,

I have a lot of VHS tapes, and I want to record to DVD. I already have a capture device, and works fine. I capture the videos on MPEG-1 long play, and keeps the same quality of originals VHS tapes.

I don't know why, I open the files on Sony Vegas 5, and render again on MPEG1, and the files reduces in 40%. It's is not the main question, but if someone can tell me why, I thanks.

In total, I am trying to put on DVD 4.8G 6 hours of video. I use DVD Architect 2.

In the DVD Architect setup, I inform that I just want 352 lines but the size of DVD files keepes the same 20Gigas.... I know that I need to decrease the Mnps, but I need to decrease a lot, less them 2Mpbs, and the quality goes down, I clear to me, that the software tries to render 700 lines and not 352..

How many hours, in VHS quality, I could put on a DVD, with no loses? and in a CD?

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: VHS on DVD, I just need 352 lines
on Nov 21, 2005 at 7:05:17 pm

You can't specify the line resolution and have it play like that from a DVD.

You've got to follow the allowable specs.

To record tons of VHS tapes to DVD with as much as possible recorded but without losing quality, I would recommend you purchase a set top recorder and record your tapes in the 4-hour mode.

There is a 6-hour mode on most of them but the quality is terrible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]