FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu_Button

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Natzke
Menu_Button
on Nov 10, 2005 at 5:38:29 pm

I have created a project in DVDSP4. My issue is the menu button that can be set on the remote. In the disc settings for the "Menu" remote button are "not set". In fact, this is the setting for the whole project in regard to the remotes "Menu" button. To be clearer, the remote menu button isn't one I created. This is the button the end user presses to go to the main menu if set. Now that I have beat that to death . . . when my disc starts, it plays the main menu. The menu times out and you can either choose to play the movie or go to the chapter index. If the end user chooses to go to the chapter index, the button is set to jump to a track that plays a movie befor going to the chapter index.

Here is where I am stumped; if I click the menu button in the simulator as the track plays nothing happens but, after the track finishes and goes it's end jump (which is the chapter index menu) and then click the simulator's menu button, the previous track plays again. This same "repeating" issue happens to the track that is in between the chapter index menu and the extras menu if I click the menu button in the inspector after the track has finished and completed it's end jump. Again, if i click the menu button as the track plays, nothing happens. What do I do?

I have tried to create a script that tells the menu button to "jump to the Main Menu" and it worked if I clicked it as the track was playing but after the end jump occured, it repeated the track when I click menu again.

So, I though it was my button selector script, it wasn't because I applied it to my title button and it worked fine and didn't harm anything. I can click the title button during simulation at anytime and get to the main menu. If I apply the same script to the menu button, I don't get the same reaction. I thought that if the menu button wasn't set, it didn't do anything. All I need my menu button to do is what my title button is doing, go the the main menu.

I thought I had seen it all but this has got me stumped. I have a very important deadline. This is a gift for my wife. This has been three years in the waiting and I have to get her our wedding video. PLEASE HELP!!!!

...and then she muttered, "I had to marry an editor."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]