FORUMS: list search recent posts

Documents of DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lughnasa
Documents of DVD
on Nov 7, 2005 at 2:53:49 pm

I may be trying to do the impossible and I'm sure you will tell me if I am.

I use DVD SP and have a corporate client that wants some short films and lots of documents on
a DVD. I know that using DVD@ccess in Studio Pro I can give access to graphs and documents as long as the DVD is played on a computer and the computer has word, excel, acrobat reader etc installed. Is there any way of importing these documents as pictures that could be read clearly and would look smart on a TV screen or on a computer?

Regards,

Lughnasa

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Documents of DVD
on Nov 7, 2005 at 3:54:41 pm

You could screenshot each page into a picture and then present as a slideshow. That would take some time though- make sure you are billing by the hour.

Noah

Return to posts index

Lughnasa
on Nov 7, 2005 at 5:17:24 pm

Hi Noah,

Thanks for responding. With screenshot do you mean to take a picture with a stills camera?

Regards,

Lughnasa

Return to posts index

Lughnasa
on Nov 7, 2005 at 6:35:40 pm

Hi Noah,

Don't worry. I've remembered what screenshot means. Thinking of exploring Roxio's eDVD as a solution.

Regards,

Lughnasa

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
on Nov 7, 2005 at 9:49:43 pm

eDVD really is the best (current) solution for ROM content access. You can't display the contents however while watching the disc via a set top player, you need a computer to access the content. You can have video content playing in the dvd window, and in a separate window off to the side you can launch the other content so they can be viewed simulataneously.

jim

Return to posts index

Lughnasa
on Nov 7, 2005 at 10:52:27 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your posting. My client currently has a CD which gives instant access to information pages similar to the way their website functions. I think if I can give something similar on DVD played on a PC or Mac they will be happy. So using edvd would they have that sort of instant access on a PC or Mac with the click of a button without having to download .exe files? Its a promotional and information DVD that they want to give to lots of clients.

Regards,

Lughnasa

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
on Nov 7, 2005 at 11:27:30 pm

You can set up links directly to their website; you could include the website contents on the disc and launch it from there as well. It requires that the viewing computer have a dvd-rom, and that it has an installed dvd decoder. eDVD functionality uses the dvd decoder already installed on a system for dvd video viewing. It uses Interactual Player's technology for rom content access, so if a users computer doesn't have IAP already installed, it will ask if the viewer wants to install it on their system. The auto-prompting for install only works with a PC, a Mac user would have to install the IAP manually. eDVD enhanced discs should run just fine on most PC's and current Mac's. There are technical details on creating/formatting and outputting a disc that need to be followed precisely for the links to work (launching a folder and Mac executables are the two) on a Mac. If you don't have a need for these two types of links, then outputting from a PC should work. If the viewer is trying to watch the enhanced disc on a work computer, the first time it's run the IS people should be involved to make sure that the IAP software loads properly. Most work places place limits on priveleges for program installation, and some have had a problem with the IAP working if a full install isn't performed. There was, and I think there still is, a trial version that's fully functional for 15 days or so. It would be a way a 'testing' the waters.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]