FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID DVD by Sonic -- *field dominance?*

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
AVID DVD by Sonic -- *field dominance?*
on Oct 18, 2005 at 11:23:37 pm

Hey, does anyone use this program?

My friend needs help...I use Sonic DVDit, so I assumed it would be similar, but I like mine a lot better.

He has a problem when he creates both:

-A quicktime ref. exported from AVID Xpress

-MPEG2 DVD spec with Sorensen Squeeze

His problem is that when he burns the DVD, on an NTSC monitor, the picture flickers. I had this problem with DVDit, but was able to fix the problem by setting field dominance to "lower" by right-clicking on the media (within Sonic) and going to properties.

I have researched this, and can't find a field-dominance setting in AVID DVD by Sonic. I assume because it knows you will be importing AVID DV or D1 files which are by nature *lower field first*. But I can't figure out why he is having this problem, and can't work towards finding a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help....

btw,
I love the cow!!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: AVID DVD by Sonic -- *field dominance?*
on Oct 19, 2005 at 2:19:55 am

I followed this tutorial to the letter...it's actually the first place I turned when we started having problems.

Number one -- The QT ref that I exported is (or should be) using the lower field dominance of the original digitized clip it is referencing.

Number two -- I did make sure in Sorensen that lower field was dominant in my MPEG2 encoding.

Is it possible that it isn't a field dominance issue? Anyone else had a problem like this?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Oct 19, 2005 at 3:01:35 am

What is the source footage from specifically?

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Oct 19, 2005 at 3:12:52 am

The project was digitized from MiniDV shot with a Panasonic (don't know model).

Edited with AVID Xpress pro.

And like I said, we have worked with exported QT ref & Sorensen compressed MPEG2 files. Both exhibit the same problem.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]