FORUMS: list search recent posts

Brightness/colour of static menus doesn't match moving

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ghekkomanic
Brightness/colour of static menus doesn't match moving
on Sep 28, 2005 at 11:06:27 pm

I've created a transition from a main menu to a special features page for a DVD, but when viewing the finished disc the tiff is ever so slightly lighter than the moving, even though it is exported from the same quicktime.

Does anyone know how to adjust the tiff in photoshop?

In my last job there was a script set up in photoshop that darkened the tiff so it matched, but I can't for the life of me remember what it consisted of!!

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Brightness/colour of static menus doesn't match moving
on Sep 28, 2005 at 11:27:27 pm

Simplest method is to incorporate the still menu into the motion menu. If nothing is moving it will look like its still when in essence it's a motion menu with no motion. if you look at most hollywood DVDs you'll see this is how it's done. Check into the manual for how to set a button marker so the highlights don't appear too early.

Noah

Return to posts index

Ghekkomanic
on Sep 29, 2005 at 10:17:28 am

Thanks Noah.

I'm not authoring the project (thankfully!!) and this issue hasn't come up before because our previous titles either had all moving menus or no transitions.

It's a pain - when you make a moving still the highlight will disappear for a split second at the loop point which doesn't happen when you use a tiff, but without exhaustively trying different adjustment methods to find how to correct the shift in colour/brightness in photoshop it's the only foolproof way.

Anyway, rant over!! Thanks again mate

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 29, 2005 at 6:05:59 pm

True- but again if you look at 99% of motion menus on commercial DVDs you'll see they do it this way- typically by making the length of the still portion of the menu 30 seconds to one minute. That way most users will make a selection before they see the jump point.

Naoh

Return to posts index

martin rose
on Oct 5, 2005 at 5:05:49 am

Can you export a one frame Mpeg
I know ReelDVD will accept a one frame Mpeg and treat it as a still menu without
re-encoding

Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]