FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an Enhanced DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett
Making an Enhanced DVD?
on Sep 27, 2005 at 12:30:37 am

Hi,

It looks like I will have a project where I need to create a DVD (for playback on DVD players/TV) AND also include some PDF documents and maybe even weblinks.

Can I do this on a single DVD?

I have the Premier Pro 1.5 suite including Encore (though I haven't used Encore yet), Director 5 (which I haven't touched in a few years) and Flash MX, and Nero 3 and a OEM Nero6 (which is not so good, less options than the standalone Nero 3).

I figure I have to upgrade either Nero or Director, or get some other product... I think I read that Sonic has a DVD authoring product that allows you to add PDFs, etc.

Anyway - any advice based on the above?

Lastly, I figure I could sell the client on the concept of a DVD plus companion CD (which would have the PDFs and I could use my current Director 5 or Flash MX to make a menu and links, etc.) Is this inherently a better idea based on playback compatability, or do enhanced DVDs playback well on DVD players and computer alike?

Sorry for the long non-specific question...

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
Re: Making an Enhanced DVD?
on Sep 27, 2005 at 1:03:17 pm

eDVD 4 from Sonic would be an excellent choice. It is a stand alone application that is dvd authoring application independent. You could author your dvd video content with Encore, and use eDVD 4 after that to create your pdf and web links. It works great, and once you learn the basics of setting up your initial dvd video project, easy to use.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]