FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Stylish DVD cases?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Stoner
OT: Stylish DVD cases?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 3:17:11 pm

i am a wedding videographer and i've tired of the standard "leather" cases that i get from places like art-leather. anyone have any resources for cool or unusual dvd packaging?

thanks,
jeffrey

Return to posts index

John Beale
Jewelboxing.com
on Sep 22, 2005 at 8:32:04 pm

check out http://www.JewelBoxing.com they may have something of interest for you.

It does rely more on you to create the artwork though. The two-part case is transparent, so it's your printed inserts that give it whatever look you want. They have some design examples on their site.

Return to posts index

kieran
Re: Jewelboxing.com
on Sep 24, 2005 at 12:24:45 am

Jewelboxing is excellent. It's worth checking out Coudal.com (the company behind jewelboxing) as they run regular competitions and entrants usually get a discount code for jewelboxing.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:15:19 pm

That's a cool alternative for single discs.
Does anyone know of an alternative for multi-disc sets?
I recently did a package for a 6-DVD set. I used 2 3-disc amaray style cases. They are quite bulky.
An alternative for us is the thin single cases, but where can you get a custom cardboard sleeve to hold them together (like the Martin Scorsese Jazz series, or numerous other sets).
The ultimate package is the multi-fold, but these have to be very expensive, such as those used for TV Show DVD sets, often 4 discs which are all in one multi-fold unit. Does someone make a multi-fold with clear sleeves for custom slipart - I'd buy that.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Stoner
on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:20:42 pm

thanks for the ideas. i've used jewelboxing in the past, but because of the custom work involved, i only offer it as an "upgrade" to my clients.

what i'm looking for is anything -- ANYTHING -- more interesting that the "leather" folios i get from art-leather, etc. any kind of unsual packaging. i've found the "tins" and would love more options like this. something in a book form, etc.

surely there are more options than this?

thanks all!

js

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Sep 27, 2005 at 9:49:12 pm

What if you get a wedding-stile photo album - maybe the small kind that holds 3 5x7's per page in sleeves. Get a DVD holder to stick to the inside of the cover, then fill a few pages of the album with some good video stills - which will be from a different angle than what the stills guy took. Obviously video stills are not great, but your average newlyweds will love the extra shots - get them printed at Costco or Walmart on proper photo paper, they look better than home inkjet.
As for the outside of the mini-album, just the names and date on the spine should do it - or get a tinted cellophane bag to deliver it in - with a few sprigs of dried baby's breath or someting - the bride will dig it.

That's my 2 cents.

Return to posts index

RoRK
by
on Oct 3, 2005 at 3:11:07 pm

Try Effectuality. Cool alternative casing for DVDs.

HTH
Roland Kahlenberg
http://www.broadcastGEMs.com
customizable animated backdrops

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]