FORUMS: list search recent posts

Okkkkayyy

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Earendil
Okkkkayyy
on Sep 18, 2005 at 4:49:22 am

So I took alll of these dvd clips, converted them to progressive footage, edited, converted the pixel aspect ratios to 1 for proper display on my vga monitor.

Now I'm trying to take the finished AVI's, run them through TMPGEnc to convert to mpeg2, import them into DVD Architect, and output for display on a regular 4:3 tv.

And I have thoroughly confused myself in the process. :)

I know the source footage for one finished project all came from 16:9 widescreen (at least...I'm pretty sure it was 16:9), and another came from VGA game capture. So one went from .9 ntsc pixel aspect ratio to 1.0...annnd the other didn't change.

Now I'm trying to tell TMPGEnc what I want, because it doesn't have a setting for pixel aspect ratio conversion it's just ASPECT ratio and my heads spinning a bit. So I tell TMPGEnc okay well...it WAS on a 4:3 monitor but it still had small bars on top and bottom so ti was some kind of ratio that didn't take up the full TV. I think it was 16:9, because the insanely widescreen stuff used in LOTR films etc, was the 2:3:5.....something.

But I'm not sure, so I just go with the 4:3 NTSC (cuz I remember it was ntsc 740x480 when I imported). My DVD architect settings are 740x480ntsc. So I think I'm cool.

Wrong. There are no black bars above and below when played back on the tv and there appeared to be slight vertical distortion.

So now I'm wondering... Was there still some weird pixel aspect ratio thing that needed to happen, and if so, what does that translate to in terms of settings on TEMPEnc? I reaaaaaly don't want to go back to the original project files.

Willing to TALK O.o

~E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]