FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple choice on-the-fly menu buttons?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Unzarjones
Multiple choice on-the-fly menu buttons?
on Sep 16, 2005 at 5:06:08 pm

Noob question, so I don't know if this is a simple thing to do or impossible. I am thinking up a training video and would like to have the movie picture "freeze", just the action not the actual playing, at preset times(for 5-10 seconds) and have multiple choice buttons point to other clips - each taking it's own path once selected. The viewer can select option A or B(or nothing)which would send them to another video clip. So... can menus be made to be selected on-the-fly? I was considering Sony DVDA 3, but don't know if this procedure could be done in it. Thanks, UJ

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Multiple choice on-the-fly menu buttons?
on Sep 16, 2005 at 8:14:11 pm

You can build a menu into a title with the program content. I have authoried a number of DVDs that incorporate buttons at specific points in the main program to jump away to a short subprogram. Whether the action freezes or not depends on how you build the program in your edit system. Or you can set a cell boundary to pause for 5-10 seconds and do it that way. You need to composite the menu buttons over the video footage and make a matching overlay. These techniques are not easily doable in lower-end authoring software. Systems such as Scenarist and DVD Creator allow you to set-up the data structures exactly as they need to be.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Unzarjones
Re: Multiple choice on-the-fly menu buttons?
on Sep 17, 2005 at 5:19:45 am

Thanks Bill, that's what I needed to know. UJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]