FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sonic DVD Fusion with Classic ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre-Luc
Sonic DVD Fusion with Classic ?
on Sep 15, 2005 at 12:52:08 pm

Does anyone know if Sonic DVD Fusion work great with Classic or I really should keep it on OS 9 ? Also, do you know where I can find great tutorials, because trying to learn that software with its manual is not so easy.

Thanks !
Pete

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Sonic DVD Fusion with Classic ?
on Sep 15, 2005 at 2:00:03 pm

I would stick with OS 9 for that application.

If I owned the application, I'd be writing tutorials for it, but I don't, so I can't. I am sure someone here has used it, and perhaps can answer spot questions as they arise. Your best bet is to just ask the specific question you have, and see if you get a reply.

A good friend of mine uses that applications, and I understand it is quite nice. So congratulations on a fine authoring application.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
on Sep 15, 2005 at 2:42:04 pm

It is a great application, i've been using it for years....I just wish Sonic would have made it OSX compatable before abandoning it.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
on Sep 15, 2005 at 3:03:23 pm

Thanks for your replies. So I'll keep it on OS9 but will try with Classic, just to see (Yeah, would be great with OSX). I author DVDs since 1 year and a half with DVD Studio Pro. We have Fusion since many years, but when I came up to this company last year, I didn't know DVD authoring at all, so Fusion was very confusing and not so easy to learn, but now I'm ready.

Thanks!
Pete

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Sep 15, 2005 at 4:42:37 pm

1. You must keep Fusion on O/S 9.

2. If you can find someone who has taken the DVD Creator training at Sonic, they may have the Advanced Authoring Manual. Some of the material from this book is posted as tutorials on Sonic's web site.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

vidur sood
on Dec 16, 2012 at 1:30:50 am

Hello All,

Yes, I have taken the Creator Training at Sonic - it was good, but working with Sonic is a little hard. Fortunately I'm a computer major and I can do it.

If anyone has projects needing to be worked on using Sonic, feel free to get in touch.

I am currently trying to get my DVD Fusion SL up and running; I have been trying to install DVD FUsion 2.1.6 on a 1.25 Ghz Dual Processor FW 800 PowerMac G4 running OS 9 in emulation mode and it keeps saying: Error Fetching Board Serial Number when I launch the Transoder or the Author. Check your hardware installation and try again. I am hoping this is because of the emulation mode and not a fried DVD Decoder Board.

I have also been using iDVD and it can sometimes be very flaky and unreliable, I remember Sonic was NEVER unreiliable. Difficult to use, but not unreliable. SO I am thinking of using SOnic again because of Apple stopping iDVD and because iDVD old versions are flaky and not so professional because of the AAC audio etc, so limited video bandwidth.

I will post my results here for all to see. FOr all those still in the Sonic way, using DVD fusion, feel free to send me an email to: videovid@comcast.net. Let us all band together and keep this great product alive; its

Return to posts index

vidur sood
on Nov 21, 2013 at 9:31:43 pm

Hello,

You cannot run Sonic DVD Fusion in emulation mode. You must have one of the original OS9 machines or a G4 Tower Dual Boot computer; the last dual boot computer was PMAC G4 MDD 1.25 Ghz with FW400 only. No FW 800.

I have a Sonic DVD Fusion that says my sonic key file has expired and now I cannot even open up dvd fusion. The is ridiculous. And no support! Unbelievable.

Vidur

Return to posts index

Christian Loth
on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:36:10 pm

Could anybody help me how to get keys? I bought it of ebay and it came without keys and my research didnt help any either. Im not willing to give up so easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]