FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Allen
Please help
on Sep 14, 2005 at 6:02:09 pm

I am working on a G5 with DVD SP3. The problem that I am having is pixilization on the supplied DVD templates. The video itself plays fine. Any video thumbnails that I place in the DVD templates plays fine. When I view the menu in the simulator it looks good on the monitor. However, when I burn the DVD and play it on any player or computer, the template itself will have pixilization issues. This has been happening for some time now and I need help. Does anyone have any ideas???

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Please help
on Sep 14, 2005 at 6:28:40 pm

In your preferences, check to see what the menu compression bit rate is set to.

Try a setting of 7.5 to 8. Use up to 8 if you are using AC3 audio. Build a tiny DVD as a test with the same template and see how that works for you.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Mike Allen
on Sep 14, 2005 at 9:39:26 pm

Menu compression? I see encoder settings for my video (which I really do not use because I run all my video through Bitvice). Where do I find Menu compression?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 14, 2005 at 10:32:37 pm

Any menus you create in DVDSP will be re-encoded. So if you are already supplying menu videos as Bitvice MPEG-2s they are being re-encoded a second time using the video compression settings. Probably makes a big difference with the pixelation.

Noah

Return to posts index

Mike Allen
on Sep 15, 2005 at 8:53:26 pm

I encode my main video programs (but not thumbnail menu video clips) with bitvice. I let the DVDSP encoder encode thumbnails. However, all my video clips play perfectly, all the time. It is the menu itself that gives me pixelization problems. All video plays perfectly. The text or just the menu (a solid color) will pixilize often.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 16, 2005 at 12:10:31 am

These are still menus or motion menus with added video clips?

Noah

Return to posts index

Mike Allen
on Sep 19, 2005 at 9:35:29 pm

still menus with video clips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]