FORUMS: list search recent posts

Read Error

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Read Error
on Sep 10, 2005 at 1:07:13 am

Just finished a DVD with enhancements from eDVD4. It works great in a number of computers, laptops, and DVD players, even in a Playstation... but not in my client's own AIWA DVD player. There, it refuses to play, and a notice comes up about Read Errors and such.

I used a VBR of 5000-7000kbps and audio bitrate of 192 kbps. Could the data rate be too high? I tried downloading ifoedit.exe to check the DVD, but that is incredibly beyond me. Any suggestions?

This obviously concerns me. Before submitting something that is going to have 20,000 copies burned, I want to be sure it works, and this came out of the blue. What do you all recommend for testing? I know there are labs that do this, but I would like to do as much as possible myself, for reasons of speed and economy.

-- BC

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Read Error
by
on Sep 10, 2005 at 2:33:14 am

There are bitrate analysers on videohelp.com - try there. you say it doesn't play at all on his player? or does it skip? You could always go to circut city and test it on a bunch of players.

Another idea would be to go to Trai Forrester's site and ask him to run it through an Eclipse and get a report from him. I did this once and it saved me a load of money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]