FORUMS: list search recent posts

2gb file limit when encoding

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kerr
2gb file limit when encoding
on Sep 6, 2005 at 3:02:25 pm

Hi,

I am trying to encode a 2 hour program using Sonic Encode. It works great except that if I am trying to encode a program that will be over 2GB when encoded the Sonic gives an error and says that there is not enough room on the drive even though there is 35GBs available.

I am using OS9

I am thinking that there is some setting that needs to be changed on the system. I have already clicked the support large files box in Sonic.

Any Thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Adam

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: 2gb file limit when encoding
on Sep 7, 2005 at 4:08:40 pm

Adam,

We have Sonic SD-2000 on O/S 9.04, and we can encode sucessfully all the way up to the total size of the DVD. If you have "Enable Large File Support" checked, you are encoding into one large file. Have you tried unchecking that option so that the system encodes in 1 Gb chunks? There is no issue encoding this way unless you are trying to use the streams in DVDSP.

Another thought: Make sure you are using the correct version of O/S 9 for the Mac you are using. The older G4s need 9.04, while the mirror door G4s need 9.22. This is a source of many weird problems with Sonic.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Adam Kerr
Re: 2gb file limit when encoding
on Sep 9, 2005 at 2:56:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am using DVDSP so the 1Gb thing creates other problems. Sonic is intalled on an ingigo g3 with OS 9.2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]