FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Bitrate Too High

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Lawfer
Video Bitrate Too High
on Aug 29, 2005 at 5:59:46 pm

Yesterday, no problem, today I can't seem to get the Studio Pro 3 to build the files. The files are a total of 1.7GB, not too big. I have trashed the preferences and rebuilt. Is there any suggestions you might have. Thanks for any assistance to this quagmire.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Video Bitrate Too High
on Aug 29, 2005 at 10:27:43 pm

What bit rate did you encode at? The file size is irrelevant.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Larry Lawfer
on Aug 29, 2005 at 10:42:14 pm

I don't know the rate, in my preferences I have it set for a minimal of 4 with a max of 8. But it is confusing. In the DVD there are 6 videos and a slide show. It chokes on one of them. When I moved the videos around in their order it went through everything until it got to this video. All the other videos were output the same way. I have been experimenting all day with no luck. I am using the preset HQ 60 min variety. I have been trying to dumb down this particular video--smaller .ipr's out of Live
Type. Is any of this helpful to ascertain some work around. Thanks for your thoughts and valuable experience.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 30, 2005 at 12:16:49 am

The LiveType ipr file size does not have a bearing on the DVD bitrate. Have a peek through the manual regarding Compressor and MPEG-2 creation. You need to lower the bitrate setting of the video causing the error. I'd suggest keeping the max well below 8Mbps.

Noah

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Aug 30, 2005 at 4:01:51 pm

If your encode is staying up ariund 8Mbps and you used PCM audio, your total bitrate is at the max for DVD, which is way too high to play successfully off a DVD-R.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Larry Lawfer
on Aug 30, 2005 at 4:39:09 pm

I have reset the droplet lower. I have only been working on the one video within the DVD where the build is choking. I am about to build the newest iteration. I am making a mistake to only be working on the one video since it is the one that chokes the build, or should I be redoing all of them? Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Larry Lawfer
Re: Video Bitrate Too High_SOLVED
on Aug 30, 2005 at 6:08:19 pm

The problem was in Compressor and Bill lead the way to new thinking about the problem. I had to go back into Compressor and reset down (ever so slightly) my encode for the Mpeg-2 file 7.1 down to 6.7. It worked. I left Audio as it was and I am back in action. Thanks to those you responded.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]