FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with iDVD encoding

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vickie
Problem with iDVD encoding
on Aug 23, 2005 at 7:19:38 pm

I have an 8-sequence training video to put on dvd. Their sizes, as Quicktime from FCP without add'l compression, is 1.41gb, 1.74gb, 1.23gb, 2.22gb, 3.28gb, 3.25gb, 3.79gb, 1.41gb--in order. Originally I was able to get it all on two discs--4 and 4. The client came back with changes that were quite minimal--the only thing I had to do was add a graphic with a title at the beginning of each sequence. Only about 10 seconds or so. The total combined time is about 87 minutes--to put on 2 dvds.

Now I can't get it all to fit on three disks. And I try to let the encoding run before writing the disk, but it always hangs on one particular file and of course toward the end of that file's encoding. Most of the time it even crashes the whole computer.

I thought I'd seen not to run any compression from FCP and let iDVD handle it, but it seems to be running into trouble. Is there something I'm missing, or what is going on. I have rewritten the QT's over top of the original file, but that should completely re-write, not add to file length.

This is getting a bit long, there's more to say, but if anyone has any ideas with what I've said so far, please help me. I'm getting fed up with this program. (Please don't tell me to upgrade to studio pro. Got no bucks at this time.)

Thanks.
Vickie

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Problem with iDVD encoding
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:27:54 pm

Hard to say- you could go back to the earlier version of the video and see what happens. iDVD is fairly dumbed down and doesn't give you much option for looking under the hood. That's why going to DVDSP should be on your Christmas list. If you're doing work for clients you owe it to them and yourself...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]