FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on an external burner?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
April
Advice on an external burner?
on Aug 18, 2005 at 8:17:24 pm

Hello -

I have an iMac G5 and would like to get an external DVD burner for the following reasons:

1. less wear and tear on my superdrive
2. option to print images onto disk/light scribe
3. burn projects faster (In my console log, it says that recent projects had a 'requested burn speed of 47x, actual burn speed 2x' -- is there a way I can change my burn speed? it takes forever!)

Currently I only have iDVD4 but am hoping to get DVD Studio Pro.

Any suggestions on burners that will help me achieve above and won't break my wallet? Not looking to spend more than $200.

And any thoughts on lightscribe? Worth it? I noticed on LaCie's site that they don't have lightscribe DVD-R's, only +R's. Will this be an issue when giving DVDs to clients, as I was told that +R's have a greater chance of compatibility issues with DVD players?

Thanks much!
April

Return to posts index

Mike
Re: Advice on an external burner?
by
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:59:02 pm

The LaCie Lightscribe drive supports +R, -R, and +DL media for DVD.

For Lightscribe, only +R media is available at this time.

You of course can use any + or - media with the drive to forgo the Lightscribe labeling capability.

Mike

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
on Aug 24, 2005 at 3:39:27 pm

I'd just buy an internal drive, and then an extrnal box to put it in. Usually it's cheaper than buying a pre-built external drive. I'd avoid the Lightscribe....while it's a cool concept...I think it will die off pretty quickly since the media is so expensive.

Return to posts index

April
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:31:17 pm

Jason,

Is there a particular brand/model of internal burner/external box that you'd recommend? I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the choices!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]