FORUMS: list search recent posts

advanced code in scenarist

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor
advanced code in scenarist
on Aug 15, 2005 at 6:59:29 pm

Would anybody be able to help me with some advanced dvd code in Scenarist? I signed up with doom9, but cant post for 5 days or something weird. I have read through the post on that site, but need to kind of demystify it for what i am trying to pull off on my project. It has to deal with the GPRM and jumping back to the same menu with a highlight button. I can easily explain how my project is layed out if someone would help me tackle this. Thanks.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: advanced code in scenarist
by
on Aug 15, 2005 at 7:02:51 pm

It's amazing to me that people who purchase an application for thousands of dollars have no idea how to author a simple disc:) Call Sonic support - Im sure they will help you out.

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 15, 2005 at 7:05:40 pm

NO reason to be a jerk. I actually have set up the DVD to work, but asked if someone would like to audit what I have done before I sent it out. This is a forum for exchanging knowledge and helping, NOT being an ass.

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 15, 2005 at 7:07:44 pm

I apologize if I read your post wrong, just seemed kind of harsh. Maybe I read you wrong. I have many years in DVD production, but am going into new territory and was basically fishing for tips and tricks. Sorry.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 16, 2005 at 5:56:55 am

Thats cool..I put the smiley up to protect myself. What is the layout of your title?

:)

Return to posts index

Dave
by
on Aug 16, 2005 at 11:16:09 am

If you assign a different GPRM value to each menu, then when you return to the ROOT PGC, you can jump to the correct menu depending on what the GPRM value is. As for highlighting the previous button on that menu, as long as you're not setting the highlight any where between the video and that menu, it'll remember the previous highlight.

D.

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 16, 2005 at 4:09:26 pm

First PGC: Jump TT Title 2

Title 2: plays warning disclaimer, then plays intro mpeg, then plays post command: CallSS RSM=1, RootMenu
*Title 2 never played again after main menu is up

VTS 1 - Root menu: I have 3 menus(first page is root and the remaining 2 are nested under the root page. should these not be nested?)for the DVD and they all buttons that link to chapter points. This is one long mpeg with 28 chpater points. nothing complicated. The 3 menus have about 9 to 10 buttons per page. If you look at the code, all i want is if you are on page 2 of the menu, and select chapter 13, that when you view the movie and hit menu or top menu, that it will jump back to the same menu page you selected it from. I have tested this, and it seems to work. What happens is when i select the last chapter and let it play thru to the end, i want it to reset to the 1st page of the 3 page menu. What happens now is when the movie ends, I link it back to the root menu and it defaults to page that i last selected the chapter point, instead of totally resetting. hopefully that makes sense.

Here is an example of the code i put on the pre of the root menu:

1: Mov GPRM0, SPRM7
2: if ( GPRM == 1 ) LinkCN chap2-t-scn-cell, button=5
3: if ( GPRM == 2 ) LinkCN chap2-t-scn-cell, button=6
4: if ( GPRM == 3 ) LinkCN chap3-t-scn-cell, button=7
5: if ( GPRM == 4 ) LinkCN chap4-t-scn-cell, button=8
6: if ( GPRM == 5 ) LinkCN chap5-t-scn-cell, button=9
7: if ( GPRM == 6 ) LinkCN chap6-t-scn-cell, button=5
8: if ( GPRM == 7 ) LinkCN chap7-t-scn-cell, button=6
9: if ( GPRM == 8 ) LinkCN chap8-t-scn-cell, button=7
10: if ( GPRM == 9 ) LinkCN chap9-t-scn-cell, button=8
11: if ( GPRM == 10 ) LinkCN chap10-t-scn-cell, button=9
12: if ( GPRM == 11 ) LinkCN chap11-t-scn-cell, button=5
13: if ( GPRM == 12 ) LinkCN chap12-t-scn-cell, button=6
14: if ( GPRM == 13 ) LinkCN chap13-t-scn-cell, button=7
15: if ( GPRM == 14 ) LinkCN chap14-t-scn-cell, button=8
16: if ( GPRM == 15 ) LinkCN chap15-t-scn-cell, button=9
17: if ( GPRM == 16 ) LinkCN chap16-t-scn-cell, button=5
18: if ( GPRM == 17 ) LinkCN chap17-t-scn-cell, button=6
19: if ( GPRM == 18 ) LinkCN chap18-t-scn-cell, button=7
20: if ( GPRM == 19 ) LinkCN chap19-t-scn-cell, button=8
21: if ( GPRM == 20 ) LinkCN chap20-t-scn-cell, button=9

basically i need it to "zero out" and go back the first page. i believe dave probably answered my question, but since i nested the other 2 menus, they use the code of the root page, correct? hopefully i am being clear. just an example of where and what to put is all i need. i have a zip of images of the layout, but it doesnt seem like i can upload anything here. thanks for the patience.

Return to posts index

Dave
by
on Aug 16, 2005 at 4:44:40 pm

This looks way too complicated to me. I'm not sure what you mean by 'nested' but the menus should be seperate PGCs in the Language Area. Set a GPRM value in the Pre command of each menu. In the Root PGC jump to the correct menu depending on what you set the GPRMs.

i.e. Menu 1 pre: Set GPRM1 to 1
Menu 2 pre: Set GPRM1 to 2
etc...

Root pre: Goto menu1 if GPRM1 = 1
Goto menu2 if GPRM1 = 2
etc...

The highlight will be remembered from the last press. Hope this helps. If you're still confused email me the script and I'll take a look.

Cheers,
D.

dgoodbourn@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 16, 2005 at 5:12:53 pm

i think i have you on this. let me rebuild my layout and see what i come up with. thanks.

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 16, 2005 at 6:45:17 pm

get my email, dave? i sent a few jpgs along to illustrate.

Return to posts index

George W
on Aug 16, 2005 at 7:07:08 pm

well, staying within your current logic/structure, add chapter 29 to be a dummy chapter right before the movie ends (just don't link it to any menu).

Then check if gprm0 >= 28 to go to the menu you want...

Return to posts index

Trevor
on Aug 16, 2005 at 8:34:39 pm

george,

do you have an email? i just want to get this nailed. sorry to bother.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]