FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?
on Aug 2, 2005 at 10:04:17 pm

Basically, I've made a dvd in Encore, and I burned a separate dvd straight from my NLE to a Samsung DVD recorder of the same two videos.

The compression of the Samsung recorder is better, so I'd like to somehow swap/replace the correct Encore files with the necessary Samsung files within the VIDEO_TS folder, and burn a new DVD with Roxio, all the while preserving the menu and linking functionality of the Encore project.

Is this even possible?

I've tried some different combiantions, some don't work at all, others just play the videos without the Encore menu coming up.

Thanks,

Craig

(I've also posted in Encore DVD forum if that's cool. Isn't there a way to post in more than one? Just curious.)

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?
on Aug 3, 2005 at 4:19:11 pm

Rip the VOBs from the version you like down to the elementary streams, and then swap the resulting MPEG-2 & audio streams in the Encore project. Then burn a new DVD. This kind of change needs to be done at the authoring level. Don't screw with the files on the DVD unless you have the tools to do it (such as TFDVD).

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
Re: Is it possible to swap VOB, IFO, BUP files from another DVD?
on Aug 3, 2005 at 4:34:05 pm

Thanks for the response.

Actually, someone from the Encore forum clued me in that I can just import the VOB file back into Encore and replace the original Quicktime Refs with the VOBs I like - Worked great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]