FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slide control on DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Williams
Slide control on DVD
on Aug 1, 2005 at 5:54:14 pm

Hi there,

On purchased films, they some time have slides (or still pictures eg. Behind the scenes of the filming). These are often controlled by using the 'Next Chapter' / 'Previous Chapter' remote buttons, but the software I use does not have any mention of how to do this.

Do you know of DVD authoring software that allows this? or is there a trick to achieve this?

Hope this makes sense, and you have a solution.

Thanks.

Mark Williams.

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
Re: Slide control on DVD
on Aug 2, 2005 at 2:47:07 pm

You just need to make all the stills in one long video file, and add a pause at the end of each chapter. Some authoring packages can do this...but a lot of the lower end ones can't. Then it will show one still and pause untill you hit the next chapter button and then it will go onto the next still and pause.

Return to posts index

Borjis
on Aug 2, 2005 at 4:08:29 pm

It's very easy with ReelDVD as it creates an I-Frame
for every still photo you drop in. You set the duration
you want it to run and thats it.

what authoring software are you using?

Return to posts index

Mark Williams
on Aug 2, 2005 at 9:39:46 pm

Hi Jason & Borjis,

I use Adobe Premiere 6.5 with a Canopus Storm 2 Hardware edit card & Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 and Ulead DVD Workshop for creating DVDs.

The reason for Ulead MF2 is that this has a setting to create DVDs that repeat continously, which the older Ulead DVD Wshp doesn't have.

I have tried Jason's cure, but could not find any setting for pausing between chapters. I have downloaded trial (newer) versions of Ulead MF4 and Ulead DVD Wshp2, but again can find no setting.

This may be me..

If anyone uses software pause as Jason mentioned, allow you to build slideshows that do not run on their own, but require some sort of keypress (next/last chapter?) to change slide, then please add details to this thread. As if it's not too dear, I may be able to get my employer to purchase.

Many thanks guys.

Mark

Return to posts index

George W
on Aug 3, 2005 at 11:57:43 am

Can you setup a slideshow, and set the duration between pics to a long time value? I believe it will let you hit the next to go to the next slide (the drawback is that it will automatically advance after it reaches the specifid duration).

How many stills are you talking about? If not over the limit -- can you set them up as MENUS, and then just have a button go to another menu (next and prev buttons)? You could probably do this in DVD WS, but not in MovieFactory.

Return to posts index

Borjis
on Aug 3, 2005 at 4:11:40 pm

You could very easily accomplish this with the slideshow settings
in ReelDVD though you would have to set a duration. make it extra
long and it would be no problem. This setup responds exactly
like a slide projector. You could not have audio in it though.

ReelDVD is really low-cost now. Sonic sells it for $ 250

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]