FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automated Duplicator

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Moser
Automated Duplicator
on Jul 27, 2005 at 9:51:52 pm

Hey all, I am about to upgrade to a automated duplicator and wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with Microboards DX2 or RImage 2000i. I have read wonderful things about Primeras Bravo II but wanted to ask what advantages there are with other brands other than drive speed and bin capacty. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Automated Duplicator
on Jul 28, 2005 at 5:47:14 am

So far as I know (without ever having bought from any of them), Microboards, Rimage & Primera are top brands in this field.

Look at the features/price vs what features you're looking for/what you want to pay.

Look at their support & service. You should be able to find & download their docs easily.

Do they have a forum here at the Cow? On their own site? Someplace else? The traffic shouldn't be all negative.

Arnie

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
on Jul 28, 2005 at 4:14:02 pm

I wouldn't reccomend anything from Microboards....just due to personal experieince with some of their products and having LOTS of problems with them. We purchased 3 DVD duplication towers from them a while ago and they were terrible...nothing but problems. I've since ripped out the controller cards....replaced them with new cards and drives and now they work fine.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 28, 2005 at 7:46:28 pm

ask about the noise of the robot arm - ours is very loud.

Return to posts index

Mike Moser
on Aug 1, 2005 at 7:41:16 pm

Thanks for the replys, I've been doing more research and asking more questions and one of them has been about upgrading. I know it would require both the drives and controller card, but would the robotic software need it ...maybe not?

Some venders are saying certain lesser know (to me anyways) manufactuers like CopyPro, Condre, R-Quest, and Teac..(anybody use any of these?) are upgradeable.

I've downloaded manuals for Rimgae, Primera, and Microboards and am likeing the Rimage 2000i the best. I've talked with a couple people who have Bravo II's and they like them, but have had issues with the arms stopping over night.

So if anyone has anymore insight or knows of any other forums for DVD business (I also go to videohelp and CDfreaks) please let me know.

Thanks again and sorry for the long post!

-mOSe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]