FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to alter DVD audio file - originals no longer available

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Keyser
Want to alter DVD audio file - originals no longer available
on Jul 26, 2005 at 10:22:11 pm

Hard disk crashed so I lost original files - want to increase volume in one part of DVD - I ripped all the files from a copy of the DVD (they're all in the VIDEO_TS folder), now is it possible to tweak one file to change the audio, and put the corrected audio back into the project?

=============

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Want to alter DVD audio file - originals no longer available
on Jul 27, 2005 at 10:36:13 pm

If the file you ripped is PCM audio, it's very simple to import that into audio editing/mixing software or a non-linear editor to fix the level. Then use the new audio file with the MPEG-2 in any authoring software.

If the audio file you ripped is Dolby .ac3, then you need something that can deal with audio in that format.

It might be easiest to just play the DVD in a set top player while digitizing into an edit system. Fix the levels, export the audio and encode it.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Brent Warwick
Re: Want to alter DVD audio file - originals no longer available
on Jul 30, 2005 at 1:45:38 am

You can use VobEdit to extract the audio stream from the VOB files, and then use HeadAC3he to convert the AC3 to PCM, and edit it with an audio editor like Sound Forge.

However, I don't think getting it back into the stream (VOB files) is so easy. Perhaps someone with more ripping experience can chime in, but everytime I've had to do that I've just had to re-author.

-Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]