FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best DVD-authoring prog with full controll???

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noizzz
Best DVD-authoring prog with full controll???
on Jul 25, 2005 at 2:17:30 pm

hi all,

i work with After Effects, but i want to expand my horizon with a serious dvd-authoring progam. I want full controll and I am patient to learn it.

In what program should I sink my claws???

thanx

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
Re: Best DVD-authoring prog with full controll???
on Jul 25, 2005 at 3:31:52 pm

FULL control...your only option for that is Scenarist.

Return to posts index

George W
on Jul 25, 2005 at 3:34:46 pm

Next best thing to Scenarist on the PC side (imho) would be Mediachance's DVD LabPro.

Return to posts index

Jake Russell
on Jul 26, 2005 at 10:35:41 am

Another option which is far cheaper than Scenarist is Apple DVD Studio Pro with DVDAfterEdit. Lots of power for the $$$$. But Scenarist is a fine option if you have the budget. You can start at Studio version and scale up but it really does depend what you mean by full control..!!! Lots of people want it but then find out that they dont. Other spec options are Sonic Fusion/Creator, not as 'full control' as Scenarist but spec based. OS9 only though...!?!

Just thought I'd mention that option as CCE SP on a Win box with DSP4 & DVDAE on a mac is a very nice setup a plenty powerful for lots of authors,

Jake

Writing lead-out....

Return to posts index

GVK
by
on Jul 26, 2005 at 4:31:01 pm

ok...so what i am finding out is that for a top quality dvd, dvd studio pro just doesn't cut it. or am i just messing up encoding with compressor? i thought 4 bit rate for encode was standard, but sonic people talk about using 9 for a bit rate. i am wondering if studio pro uses a lower bit rate in general and if one of the things you get with a sonic system is the abilty to render good playback with a high bit rate encode???

any comments from the masters are most appreciated.

humbly,
MK

Return to posts index

Borjis
on Jul 26, 2005 at 5:44:10 pm

a 4mbps stream is extremely low.

It should be around 5-7 for best looking quality
and playback.

Return to posts index

daniel_l
on Jul 26, 2005 at 10:05:49 pm

Best setup:

Procoder 2 with MPEG-2 encoding set to Archive quality. (If Mac only, then choose Compression Master)
Firewire/Gig Ethernet to Mac with DVD studio Pro 4.

- I know they won't, but I wish Canopus would bring out a Mac version of Procoder - maybe next year with OSX/Intel, they'd easy double their sales.

DL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]