FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: I frame Question [5:4729:4777] for Alex Alexzander

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven H. Denn
Re: I frame Question [5:4729:4777] for Alex Alexzander
on Jul 24, 2005 at 2:49:22 pm

Question:
By a exporting a sequence directly to Compressor, it retains all the Compression markers made automatically by FCP on the CUTS, but what happens when you add any TRANSITION?
do you have to add more compression markers? do have to place these compression markers right at the start of the transition before them, middle ect.
Pixalation sometimes appears through a dissolve, (example night footage dissolving to fast day time footage) is that due to, not having a compression marker before the start of the dissolve?
Is there a rule of thumb when to use them, to help solve issues like that?

I have read different postings, that it is better to export a sequence, then import it to Compressor vs. just exporting using the export to compressor command through FCP, any truth to that?
What does one do differently than the other.

My problem is, I thought Compressor takes a long form sequence & shrinks down the size it to fit on a 4.7Gig DVD. Does Compressor help :30 spots or a under 5 minute long sequence, or should I do what I have been
doing, export as a QuickTime Movie, as just a reference file & then import to DVDSP 3 or IDVD.

Last question, can you actually see these compression marker you've added from FCP in Compressor or DVDSP 3?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]