FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hybrid DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo
Hybrid DVD
on Jul 20, 2005 at 12:52:34 pm

Hi,
I'd like to create an hybrid DVD in which I have to put a video and a Director file.
I would like to launch to Director file from a simple menu (like the typical DVD menus). Is that possible? Obviously the Director file should work just on PC while on DVD player it should be read as a normal DVD.

Anybody can help me?

Thank you,
Paolo

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
Re: Hybrid DVD
on Jul 20, 2005 at 3:30:24 pm

Can you explain a bit further what you mean by a 'director's file'? Are you talking about a version of your video with director's commentary, or something different?

Jim

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Jul 20, 2005 at 4:03:58 pm

[WTS(JManz)] "Can you explain a bit further what you mean by a 'director's file'?"

He is talking about a Macromedia Director executable.

Paolo,

I'm not certain it will do what you want, but take a lood at Sonic's eDVD software. It will work with several different authoring programs to provide links from a DVD to external sources like images and websites. Perhaps it can be made to run your director file.

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
on Jul 20, 2005 at 4:37:44 pm

Ahhh, I see, thanks.

eDVD 4 should be able to allow for dvd-video menu launching of the executable. To have it work on a PC and a Mac it would have to be mastered on a Mac.

Jim

Return to posts index

Paolo
on Jul 21, 2005 at 2:49:38 pm

Yes, actually whay I need is to launch a Macromedia Director exec from a DVD menu.
I'll try this eDVD. You know if Maestro does it?

Thanks again,
Paolo

Return to posts index

WTS(JManz)
on Jul 21, 2005 at 8:29:15 pm

You can download and trial eDVD 4 and see if it does what you want. If you are looking for such an option (ie launching an exec from a dvd video), there is nothing better out there than eDVD. There are no authoring apps on the PC side of things that can offer such a reliable solution. Apple's DVDSP has DVD@ccess, and IMO, doesn't come near to eDVD in reliability--especially on a PC.

Jim

Return to posts index

Paolo
on Jul 22, 2005 at 12:55:05 pm

Thanks a lot...I'll go for eDVD.

Paolo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]