FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchasing question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug
Purchasing question
by
on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:09:13 pm

I'm looking for information on an easy to use, inexpensive dvd authoring software It's not going to be used to gain clients, just to burn segments that are on tape to a dvd...with menus so that each segment can be accessed individually.

Any suggestions?

Doug

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
Re: Purchasing question
on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:42:06 pm

Ever thought of just buying a set top DVD burner? It would probably save you a lot of time and pretty much every one I have seen will create basic menus for each segment that you record.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Jul 19, 2005 at 9:06:32 pm

Doug,

Two very good programs are ReelDVD ($249) and DVDit ($299), both from Sonic. Carefully studio the feature sets of these to see which might best suit your needs.

Adobe Encore is pretty good too but at $349 probably is not as good a value. It is nicely integrated with Photoshop however which is great for making menus.

At $395 Ulead's DVD Workshop is the most expensive recommendation I have. But it should be considered too. It is ridiculously easy to use. Plus it has a host of professional features that you will want if you ever have the need to do commercial work. Worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Most, if not all, of these have trial versions you can download. A test drive will tell you what you need to know.

Hope this is helpful.

Dave

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 19, 2005 at 9:54:19 pm

I'd go with a set top. If it doesn't need to look cool vis a vis menus they are VTR simple to operate with minimum fuss.

Noah

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: is that a joke Dave?
on Jul 19, 2005 at 11:33:51 pm

DVDit! (or as my buddy calls it "dvd-shit")
actually costs more than ReelDVD?!?!?!?

Thats insane!

Next undoubtedly I'll see pigs with wings outside.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: is that a joke Dave?
on Jul 20, 2005 at 7:49:45 pm

Would not be my choice, but a lot of people love it. Go figure. But a lot of people like Vegas for their NLE too. Go figure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]