FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pioneer A04 and +R discs

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Peterson
Pioneer A04 and +R discs
on Jul 15, 2005 at 2:09:02 am

Okay I'm at a loss. I just turned 20 discs into coasters all +R. I normally burn only -R but I have a customer with incompatiable player so need to burn a +R. I am using the Pioneer A04 burner with updated firmware and Nero 6 as the burning program. The DVD was mastered with DVDSP 3 and transferred to a pc thru a network to burn from the pc's hard drive. Every time the burn has proceeded along fine until "invalid field in command" followed by "could not perform disc-at-once"

I've had unfinalized discs before and my computer could read the data on them, in fact my DVD players could play the discs, however this time the discs are unreadable and the computer indicates there is no data on the disc even though the disc shows the typical signs of being burned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Pioneer A04 and +R discs
on Jul 15, 2005 at 2:54:45 am

I have seen this before as well.

In fact, if I burn a +R DVD on the Mac with a new Sony DVD writer, that same disc will not be seen by the Pioneer model you described. I have that same model in my G4 867 single CPU Macintosh.

On the PC, there is a $29 application from VSO software called CopyToDVD, and that is what I use to write DVD+R media that I intend to be read on the Pioneer drive you described. It works for me quite well.

What you could try to do is set the ROM bit on the +R DVD you are burning. I have not tried this specifically in the situation you have written about, but I think it would be a good test for you to try.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jul 15, 2005 at 4:29:13 pm

You're burning +R discs on an A04 burner? You need at least a Pioneer 108/A08 burner to do that.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Jul 15, 2005 at 5:17:14 pm

Bill,

Please re-read what I wrote.

Thanks,

Alex

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Jul 15, 2005 at 5:20:51 pm

Sorry Bill,

I thought that was a reply to me, and it wasn't.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Brian Peterson
Duh! I mean A09!
on Jul 15, 2005 at 10:07:08 pm

Sorry about that everyone. The burner I have is a Pioneer A09XL burner not the A04 which I also own but is not the one I'm talking about.

Once again I own 3 A09s and none all of them give me the same error when trying to burn a +R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]