FORUMS: list search recent posts

deinterlace and resize mpeg2 stream

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ozben
deinterlace and resize mpeg2 stream
on Jul 6, 2005 at 1:27:55 am

Hi there,

I have been given a DVD that a client wants me to return in 5 discreet segments to be run on the company intranet. The source material is 720x576 interlaced, but the client wants 520x416 resolution, deinterlaced. Not accustomed to editing mpeg, i have used TMPGEnc to edit the source material into the 5 segments required, but extensive googling has revealed nothing on how I can adjust the resolution and deinterlace. Any idea what program might do this? I'm trying to avoid encoding to avi, then back to mpeg, to avoid generational loss.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: deinterlace and resize mpeg2 stream
on Jul 6, 2005 at 2:42:58 am

Procoder will do it all, I just tried... Perhaps TMPGenc can do it too if you can find a way to force it to create an ISO MPEG Stream (the only absolutely customizable MPEG2 stream).

Return to posts index

ozben
on Jul 6, 2005 at 5:59:14 am

Ok I have access to procoder here, but have never used it before. Forgive me for asking here, but there is no procoder forum.

I can get it to deinterlace, but I can't find where to adjust resolution. I see a crop function, but that is not an option.

Have checked the help files, and can find no answers.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 6, 2005 at 8:35:18 am

Set the target for DVD, then change the stream format to Generic ISO MPEG Stream -- then go down and change the width and height to the appropriate numbers your want.

Its all there... thats the only way to do it.

Return to posts index

ozben
on Jul 7, 2005 at 4:50:28 am

Much appreciated. I hadn't got that far, i'd assumed i'd adjust resolution at the smae point i applied the de-interlace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]