FORUMS: list search recent posts

why do i have to resize my imported media?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kutterup
why do i have to resize my imported media?
on Jul 4, 2005 at 7:37:44 pm

im using DVD arch. and after i import my background media i bring in text (as media) but im made to resize it up and of course you all know what happens when your made to resize up (yuk).
so does any one know why this is happening and how i can get around it??

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: why do i have to resize my imported media?
on Jul 5, 2005 at 1:09:25 am

Not enough information... What size is your text element, what program is it created in??? If you created in Photoshop you will have to account for square pixels.

Return to posts index

kutterup
on Jul 5, 2005 at 3:46:20 pm

im not sure what you mean by element but i create all my text in photoshop. i find that if i save for the web, PNG it retains all the effects. if i use anything else the effects get all messed up.

so how do i account for square pixels?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 5, 2005 at 6:47:29 pm

Each peice of the audio/video puzzle is refered to as "an element." Your text saved as a PNG file is just one the video elements of your finished project. For example, here in Hollyweird when you walk into a big post-production facility with a box of tapes, CDs, etc. that comprise your show, you would normally tell your online editor that all of the "elements" for your particular project are in that box.

The pixel dimensions of a finished DVD are 720 x 480, but if you create text elements at that size in Photoshop it does so with square pixels, the VGA standard. That will be resized because video uses non-square pixels. So, in Photoshop create files using one of the following frame sizes:

-- 720x534, for DV NTSC

-- 720x540, for D1 NTSC

-- 768x576, for DV or D1 PAL

Good luck...
DRW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]