FORUMS: list search recent posts

purchase a DVD burner

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melissa
purchase a DVD burner
on Jul 1, 2005 at 10:22:37 pm

Hi. I work for a small production company. We are looking into buying an external DVD burner to use with our eMac. I was wondering what kinds of things to take into consideration as I look around. I saw the previous thread with a burner recomended, but I don't know alot about the subject...
What makes a good burner? I want to avoid burning discs that skip or stall.
Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: purchase a DVD burner
on Jul 1, 2005 at 10:59:07 pm

Melissa,

There's not a heck a lot to know. Buy the $50 Pioneer A109 that you saw in the other thread and you can't go wrong. Keep in mind, an external burner is nothing more than the same burner in a box, with either firewire or USB ports and a power supply. The media you use, your encoding techniques and settings, and your software are much more important in creating discs without problems than the burner itself, but consider Pioneer to be as good as it gets.

DRW

Return to posts index

Melissa
on Jul 2, 2005 at 12:27:51 am

What about these differences between burneres like DVD-R vers DVD+R? I need to burn DVD's that will play in average consumer level DVD players....

Return to posts index

melissa
on Jul 2, 2005 at 12:28:49 am

and it's for a mac...

Return to posts index

Malcolm D
on Jul 2, 2005 at 11:57:25 am

Hi
I posted areply in DVDWS forum basically agreeing with David. Most duplicators including my company use DVD-R media. The only problem we have ever had is with a few but not all owners of Philips DVD players where a DVD+R is required.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 2, 2005 at 2:29:35 pm

Melissa,

The Pioneer will burn any type of disk you want, but DVD-R is pretty standard these days. As I said before, there are bigger fish to fry than the burner itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]