FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sonic eDVD 4 on special for $99

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Alexzander
Sonic eDVD 4 on special for $99
on Jun 23, 2005 at 12:55:21 am

For those of us that have wanted Sonic's eDVD for a long time, but sit on the fence, now is the time to move. I just confirmed that Sonic is selling the new eDVD 4 for $99 for the next 7 days.

After that the price goes back up.

http://specials.sonic.com/061605_edvd/edvd/edvd_enu.htm

If you want to add special content to your DVD, such as assing web links, power points, or whatever, this is the application. If you would like more information on Sonic eDVD, please see my review of it. Although this is no longer the current version, you'll understand what the product is and how it can help your projects.

http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?page=/articles/alexzander_alex/edvd_rev...

-Alex

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Sonic eDVD 4 on special for $99
on Jun 23, 2005 at 1:54:55 am

[Alex Alexzander] "If you want to add special content to your DVD, such as assing web links, power points, or whatever, this is the application. "

Hey Alex, what's an "assing web link"???

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Jun 23, 2005 at 2:10:41 am

Sorry for the typo. "As in".

My keyboard and I don't get along sometimes. :-)

-Alex

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jun 23, 2005 at 3:47:35 pm

Thanks Alex. I've ordered it already. They should give you a commission for your excellent article. Do you have any observations about the changes seen in the updated version -- or do you plan to update your article for eDVD 4?

-- BC

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Jun 23, 2005 at 4:02:37 pm

Hi Bob,

I used Apple's DVDAccess for a while, and it drove me insane. It's a good attempt, but it just doesn't work. So when I saw eDVD at $899, I contacted Sonic and begged for a reviewers copy. DVDAccess was such a popular function, but it would never be in wide spread use. Too many things the user has to do. I even wrote a DOS-based auto installer for DVDAccess.

So my doing a review for eDVD is payment in full. I am just happy to show anyone who needs those kinds of features the better, and surely easier way to do it. The fact that Sonic lowered the price to $599 and later $199 got me thinking it was time for anyone who authors DVDs to check this out.

eDVD is now on my radar because I just like the application so much. I wanted to do a review of version but I am on a project that consumes all my time at least into October of this year. I wanted to do an even bigger tutorial and review, but it just takes days to do it.

I wont be doing a review of it anytime soon. I have already used v4 in two projects. I didn't go beyond what I normally would have done in version 3 though, so I have not really explored all that is new. I have a sheet someplace around here that says what the differences are, but I have not had the time to really throw a lot of time into it.

I know a lot of people write to me about DVDAccess issues, and so when I saw this $99 promo, I thought that's just too good to pass up. Even people using very low cost authoring software ought to check this out for that price.

Thank you by the way for the very kind words. They are what keep me busy writing.

-Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]