FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD@ccess issue with DVD SP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Pitzer
DVD@ccess issue with DVD SP
on Jun 21, 2005 at 12:36:23 am

Greetings, I've run into a problem with a DVD ROM i'm working on. Basically, I have a main menu with 4 links, one to play the video, and the other three go to motion menus that open a file.
It works perfectly on all of my MACs, but on a PC, whenever I chose any one of the 3 file menus, then go back to the main menu, all 3 files open.
In the late breaking news section of MAC help for DVD SP, there's the following note:

"DVD@CCESS Actions Assigned to Still Menus Play Erratically
on Some Windows Players
DVD@CCESS actions assigned to still menus can play erratically on some Windows XP
computers using the Media Player and on most Windows computers using Power DVD.
In some cases, a DVD@CCESS action assigned to a different menu may be activated, or
the action may be activated only the first time a menu is accessed. To work around this
issue, you can create all menus with DVD@CCESS actions as motion menus. "

I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this, and it's too late in the project to try authoring this in another DVD authoring program.

Does anybody have any work arounds or thoughts on how to overcome this annoying bug?

Thanks much in advance.

Return to posts index

digitalideations
Re: DVD@ccess issue with DVD SP
on Jun 21, 2005 at 4:09:25 am

Jack, I think I addressed this in another post. Try eDVD 4 (http://www.sonic.com/products/Professional/eDVD/quicklook.aspx).
It will let you add all of that enhanced content and it is much more reliable on PC's...
and you are not going to have to re-author your project in another program.
Simply go into your DVDSP project and change the links that you have created
to point to movies instead of menus, output your Video_TS, import that into eDVD,
assign your enhanced links and burn your Video_TS and the ROM content together
onto a DVD-R. The whole process would take you about half an hour.
Only issue is eDVD is a Windows XP app...so you would need to have an XP computer to make this work...

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: DVD@ccess issue with DVD SP
on Jun 21, 2005 at 10:52:39 am

Jack,

To get an idea how eDVD works, you could have a look at Alex Alexzander's Sonic eDVD 3 Enhanced DVD Authoring Review and Tutorial. (It doesn't cover the new features of the very recently released 4 version yet.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]