FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg encoding/flash drive

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kutterup
mpeg encoding/flash drive
on Jun 19, 2005 at 6:13:06 am

i rendered my first real DVD (im use to just burning data disk), now i tried it on 2 other computers and 2 different DVD player (one of them very old) and it seems to work great. now heres were im lost, when i put the file on my flash drive no system at all will read it (looking for codec server). ok so i try the disk that was working on every system and on one of my computers i get the same message (looking for codec sever).
when i put in DVDs from the store i dont have this prob. O i forgot to mention that it does play with realplayer but the audio drags.
when i start autoring DVDs for clients i dont want to do a 2nd rate job, so tell me what is it u think im doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: mpeg encoding/flash drive
on Jun 19, 2005 at 1:03:55 pm

[kutterup] "when i put the file on my flash drive..."

What is "the file"? (Name, size?)

Return to posts index

arky
Re: mpeg encoding/flash drive
by
on Jun 19, 2005 at 8:17:55 pm

Unfortunately, you weren't very thorough with your description. When you say you can't get files to play from the flash drive, do you mean you are attempting to play them directly from the flash drive, or copied to the HDD (and then played) having used the flash drive to transfer the assets between computers?

There may be an issue with transfer rate if it's a USB flash drive and you are using a USB1 USB port, although even then one would expect this to be adequate - USB1 is ok for burning CDRs at 4x, quite comfortably, for instance.

On a broader note, I have noticed that certain programs simply don't like flash drives (I don't claim to know why). DVD SP, for instance, will often choke if you attempt to multiplex a project directly to a flash drive.

Please give more details!

Regards,

John.
('Arky')

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]