FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring VIDEO_TS folders to DLT tapes

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oc Cruz
Transferring VIDEO_TS folders to DLT tapes
on Jun 3, 2005 at 6:16:35 pm

Hello everyone!

This a problem I had before and wasn't able to solve. Now I have another customer with the same request!

They have their final (master) DVD ready to go for replication, however, they have it on DVD-R (my previous customer had it in a firewire drive) and want it transferred to DLT tapes. The DVD-R contains the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders, I have the DLT drive and I use DVD Studio Pro; what is the best way to transfer the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders to DLT drives? Can it be done with the DVD Studio Pro application? Do I need a third party application?

Note: I will not be doing any authoring or editing, it's just plain transfer from one media to the other!

If anyone can help me out with this I will really appreciate it!!
Thanks a bunch in advance... Oc Cruz!

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Transferring VIDEO_TS folders to DLT tapes
on Jun 3, 2005 at 9:31:28 pm

If you have access to a PC with a SCSI card that you can attach your DLT drive to, you can use Gear Pro Mastering Edtion. In fact, you can download a free 60 day trial and do this for free.

gearsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Oc Cruz
on Jun 3, 2005 at 9:44:56 pm

Yes, I do have access to a PC with a SCSI card. I will give a shot to Gear Pro Mastering Edtion. and see how it works. Does the 60 day trial allows to do this with no limitations? That's just great, I will let you know how it goes on Monday!

Thank you so much for your input!
Oc

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on Jun 3, 2005 at 9:51:27 pm

I don't recall any limitations.

Go for it.

-Alex

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jun 3, 2005 at 10:59:20 pm

Just make sure you make the layer break correctly. There have been issues with Gear. Check out this guide.

http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/documentation/dvdvideobreakpoint.cfm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]